Gilmore Car Museum | Hickory Corners, MI
The Gilmore Car Museum is America’s Signature Collection. Named one of the Nation’s TOP FIVE car museums and recently listed as the #1 Great Historic Auto Site in Michigan by Pure Michigan. Gilmore Car Museum and Historic Campus features over 350 antique, vintage and collector cars and motorcycles from all eras on display in over a dozen historic buildings throughout the 90-acre grounds. Classic Car Club of America Museum Pierce Arrow Museum The Franklin Collection Tucker Historical Collection and Library Model A Ford Museum Cadillac-LaSalle Club Museum Lincoln Motor Car Heritage Museum.
Established in 1966.
The Gilmore Car Museum began in 1963 as the hobby of Donald S. Gilmore when his wife, Genevieve, gave him an antique car for his birthday –a 1920 Pierce-Arrow “project car.” The hobby soon grew into a collection of over 30 automobiles and Gilmore purchased 90 acres of farm property and had several historic buildings dismantled piece by piece and moved to the site. The Gilmores established a non-profit foundation, and opened the museum to the public for the first time on Sunday, July 31, 1966. Donald Gilmore passed away in 1979, and Mrs. Gilmore in 1990, but the legacy they began continues to grow.
CLICK HERE FOR GILMORE CAR MUSEUM WEBSITE